09 Mar Making Mother’s Day With Miele’s Homemade Tiramisu
For us at Kitchen’s Bespoke, the kitchen is the heart of the home and the backdrop for all our family occasions and celebrations. If you too are enjoying Mother’s Day at home this year, we have the perfect sweet treat recipe inspiration from our friends at Miele for you to spoil her with.
Tiramisu is that perfect Italian combination of strong coffee, dark chocolate and creamy mascarpone, find us a mother who doesn’t need those ingredients in generous quantities!
- 8 strong espresso coffees
- 260ml Marsala
- 4 eggs
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 500g mascarpone
- 300-400g savoiardi sponge fingers
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- 50g dark chocolate, finely chopped
1. Pour the coffee into a shallow container along with the Marsala. The container needs to be big enough to dunk the savoiardi fingers into the coffee and Marsala mixture.
2. Separate the eggs, putting the whites into a large clean mixing bowl and the yolks into another. Whisk the egg whites until light and fluffy. Add the sugar to the egg yolks and beat until the mixture turns thick and pale in colour, beat in the mascarpone until well mixed. Add the egg whites to the mascarpone mixture and fold in gently.
3. Take a large glass serving dish, dunk the savoiardi one by one in the coffee mixture, continuously turning for 5 to 6 seconds and place in one layer on the base of the serving dish.
4. Spread half the mascarpone mixture over the savoiardi, then continue with another layer of the dunked savoiardi, then spread with the rest of the mascarpone mix. Dust with a thick layer of cocoa and sprinkle with the chopped chocolate. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least one hour or overnight before serving.
Don’t forget to connect with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for more recipe inspiration. Or get in touch if you’re interested in upgrading your kitchen to take your homebaking to the next level!