27 Mar Get baking this Mother’s Day with Miele’s Victoria Sandwich
Mother’s Day Treat
It is that time of the year to spoil mum, and what better way than in the kitchen! Especially important as the clocks go forward, depriving mums of yet another hour of sleep. So, show her you care in the best way with a great homemade Mother’s Day treat.
We loved Miele’s Tiramisu recipe last year, so trawled their archives for some more great inspiration this year…
225g salted butter, soft
225g caster sugar
Vanilla pod, seeds removed or essence
4 eggs, at room temperature, beaten
225g self-raising flour
3 tbsp milk
135g salted butter, soft
195g icing sugar
1 vanilla pod seeds remove or vanilla essence
5 large strawberries
- Preheat your oven to 150°C Fan. Grease two 20cm cake tins and line the base with greaseproof paper
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, caster sugar and the vanilla with an electric hand whisk.
- Gradually and slowly whisk in the eggs to the butter mixture.
- Using a metal spoon fold in the flour and milk without overworking the mixture. Divide the mixture between the two cake tins. Allow to settle for 1-2 minutes and transfer to the preheated oven on a solid baking tray. Bake at 150°C Fan for 35 minutes.
- For the icing beat together the salted butter, icing sugar and the vanilla using an electric hand whisk. When light and fluffy leave to one side.
- Once the cakes have finished baking remove from the oven and transfer the cakes to a wire rack. Allow to cool completely.
- Once cool spread a thin layer of icing on top of one of the cakes. Place the other cake on top. Spread the rest of the icing on top of the cake and finish with the sliced strawberries.
Serve with a generous glass of fizz and we think you’ll have nailed the homemade Mother’s Day treat!
If this has inspired you to take your baking up a gear, why not come in for a free in-home kitchen design consultation? Pop into the showroom or get in touch, we can’t wait to hear your kitchen wish list!